This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains how Core London uses the personal information we collect and how you can limit our use of that personal data.
- What information do we gather?
◦ 1.1 We may collect your information to assess the performance of our site, ensure that our site and services function properly and ensure we are paid by advertisers for the advertising services we offer.
◦ We also collect your IP address through the placement of cookies (sections 6 and 7 below deal with cookies and their management).
◦ If you register with us we may gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website).
- How do we gather information?
◦ 2.1 Information is gathered in two ways:
▪ (1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology or technology when you use any Core London application for a mobile device); and
▪ (2) directly (e.g. when you sign up to create a corelondon.tv account for email notification purposes, download a mobile device application or you otherwise provide your information when you interact with us).
- How might we contact you?
◦ 3.1 We will always explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using opt-out tick boxes. If the boxes aren’t there, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it.
- How will your information be used?
◦ 4.1 We might use your information to:
▪ (1) remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this; section 5 deals with this in more detail;
▪ (2) place your anonymised information into audience segments to identify your interests so that we might serve you with advertisements and offers that will interest you
▪ (3) ensure any products or services you receive are correctly administered (including subscriptions);
▪ (4) contact you by email, mail or telephone to let you know about any of our products or services (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) but only according to the permissions you give us;
▪ (5) ensure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
▪ (6) collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
▪ (7) assess and understand customer feedback and identify usage hotspots;
◦ 4.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
- How to access and update your personal information
◦ 5.1 You can update your details and marketing preferences by accessing your account pages on the website, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
◦ 5.2 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to email@example.com We reserve the right to make an administrative charge of £10 for providing a copy of this information.
◦ We use the following types of cookie:
▪ (1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how our viewers use the website. We might use that information to target advertisements to you on our and other websites.
▪ (2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your settings preferences; and if applicable remember your registration and login details.
▪ (3) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
◦ We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
- How to manage your cookies preferences
◦ 7.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
◦ 7.2 If you would like to disable “third party” cookies generated by advertisers or providers of targeted advertising services, you can turn them off by going to the third party’s website and getting them to generate a one-time “no thanks” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your machine.
◦ You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising companies for more information on how to opt out of these cookies: http://youronlinechoices.com/
- Disclosing your information
◦ 8.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
◦ 8.2 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
- Storage of your personal information
◦ 9.1 The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “Use of Your Information”.
- Changes to this Policy
◦ 10.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
- If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, how should you let us know?
◦ 11.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to solve the problem promptly. to solve the problem promptly.